Proper STEPS to become either UNARMED or ARMED SECURITY
Don't be mislead believing you can do both classes at the same time and you will get your permits.
You might be spending money you will not see any returns from.
Follow our advise as we have been in the business for 34 years with a great reputation.
We want you to be successful.
Do it right the first time.
1. Required training that must include: Powers to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destructions *8 hour course (with us you will also receive an introduction to USE OF FORCE, which starting year 2023 will be mandatory)
2. Live Scan - Backgrounds for clearance (DOJ and FBI)
3. Process through BSIS (Application submission) for the 2 year Security Guard Permit to work UNARMED
* process can take from 3 weeks to 3 months depending on factors that can delay it. i.e. double last name, criminal background or born outside of the USA to list some examples.
1. Must already have a valid Security Guard Permit
2. Face to Face interview with us to assure you can meet the standards and have the ability to use a firearm
3. Must take the required PSI *Firearm Assessment exam and been issued a PASS Letter to move forward *$60 will be paid to the PSI in order to take the exam.
4. Once we see you have a PASS letter, then you will be given the opportunity to secure your seat for the FIREARM COURSE - 2 days classroom plus 1 day at the range.
5. After completing the training, with application and letter stating PASS along with the live scan.. processing begins with BSIS.
* process can take from 2 months to 6 months to complete depending on factors such as double last name, criminal background or born outside of USA to list some examples.